Noonday Collection uses fashion and design to create economic opportunity for the vulnerable by harnessing social selling entrepreneurs across the US that we call Ambassadors. Ambassadors create a marketplace for our artisans by hosting in-home Trunk Shows where they style and share the powerful stories behind the pieces. Noonday caters to fashionable, creative, and globally-engaged women who are curious and aspire to impact the world.
Do you want to help us change the world? We are searching for an Events Coordinator who plays a key role in organizing and executing all Noonday Collection events, including our annual Ambassador conference, annual coaching leadership conference, international Ambassador trips, local and regional events, as well as marketing events. This role works closely with Sales and Marketing to plan and execute creative and meaningful experiences that further Noonday’s impact in the world. Passion for the betterment of the world is essential!
This position is located at our Home Office in Austin, Texas.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all event details and execution, including facilitating logistics, vendor coordination, travel planning, staff and attendee matters, and cross-functional communication
- Research event venues, including site inspections, in partnership with Sales and Marketing
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure timely and agreed-upon deliverables
- Coordinate logistics and venues for regional Sales recruitment and training events
- Create content assets such as PowerPoint presentations or worksheets, as needed
- Plan Ambassador reward trips in collaboration with defined cross-functional teams
- Plan and execute annual conferences for Ambassadors by working with a cross-functional team to create an engaging, motivational and informative event experience
- Provide content and details for pre-event and post-event attendee communications
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and reconciliation of budgets for each event and steward budget through fiscal management of event spending
- Provide feedback and reports to stakeholders and management, as needed
- Assist with the routing of event contracts and invoices associated with events
- Purchase items needed for each event including food & beverage, print materials, products and supplies
- Assist with events efficiently on-site including any necessary changes that may occur
- Assist with onsite logistics including basic audio/visual, event check-in, programming, and setup and teardown/cleanup
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS THESE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience in event planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with cross-functional team members
- Ability to multi-task on competing priorities and track complex projects
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proven passion for the global community
- Demonstration of our core values of purposeful, adaptable, collaborative and positive
OTHER EXPERIENCES OR SKILLS THAT COULD MAKE YOU EVEN MORE QUALIFIED:
- Experience working in direct sales
- Previous attendance at a Noonday Collection Trunk Show
- Demonstrated passion for helping the global poor through the use of your time, talents and resources
About Noonday Collection
Noonday Collection is a socially responsible fashion business committed to creating meaningful opportunities across the globe. Founded in 2010, Noonday designs and sells an exclusive collection of jewelry and accessories made by artisans around the world.
Noonday Collection’s innovative business model invites women to become Ambassadors who sell Noonday products online and at Trunk Shows across the United States. Together nearly 2,000 Ambassadors are creating a growing marketplace for artisan businesses by enabling hostesses to style their friends and change the world. Noonday develops these artisan businesses through fair trade, empowering them to grow sustainably, create dignified jobs and impact their communities.