Noonday Collection uses fashion and design to create economic opportunity for the vulnerable by harnessing social selling entrepreneurs across the US that we call Ambassadors. Ambassadors create a marketplace for our artisans by hosting in-home Trunk Shows where they style and share the powerful stories behind the pieces. Noonday caters to fashionable, creative, and globally-engaged women who are curious and aspire to impact the world.
Do you want to help us change the world? We are searching for a Visual Designer – someone provides creative vision and executes design for print and digital media to represent the Noonday brand and to communicate inspirational or style stories. This position works to ensure that each project exemplifies Noonday’s brand and values in a beautiful manner. Passion for the betterment of the world is also essential.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Concept and design creative solutions for print and online that achieve specific marketing or business outcomes and meet the company's creative standards
- Collaborate with the internal creative, sales and marketing teams
- Present creative concepts and designs, make use of constructive feedback and explain work
- Translate objectives into effective designs for a wide range of materials including semi-annual catalogs, web banners, brochures, postcards, event collateral, etc.
- Demonstrate strong craft through typography, composition and attention to detail
- Work with outside vendors and partners to negotiate and produce finished products (prints, t-shirts, etc.)
- Manage workload in order to accomplish multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Research trends and technology and work with the Creative Director to keep Noonday visuals and processes fresh and up to date
- Enforce and monitor brand standards with internal and external partners
- Construct set pieces and fabricate designs for events and photo shoots
- Have creative space to think of new ways to visually tell inspirational stories of vulnerability, opportunity, and empowerment
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS THESE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in print design
- Well-rounded portfolio showing proven experience designing within a range of styles and applications
- Print-to-press experience required
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Experience with web design and basic HTML/CSS knowledge preferred
- Studio art skills and experience such as drawing, painting, and photography preferred
AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong work ethic and accountability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for design, creativity, collaboration, and being a world-changer
- Understanding of print processes and requirements
- Understanding of interactive/web design requirements
- Interest in style and fashion
- Animation skills a plus
- Photography and/or videography experience a plus
About Noonday Collection
Noonday Collection is a socially responsible fashion business committed to creating meaningful opportunities across the globe. Founded in 2010, Noonday designs and sells an exclusive collection of jewelry and accessories made by artisans around the world.
Noonday Collection’s innovative business model invites women to become Ambassadors who sell Noonday products online and at Trunk Shows across the United States. Together thousands of Ambassadors are creating a growing marketplace for artisan businesses. Noonday develops these artisan businesses through fair trade, empowering them to grow sustainably, create dignified jobs and impact their communities.