Noonday Collection is a socially responsible business that uses fashion to create meaningful opportunities for people around the world. By harnessing a community of passionate social entrepreneurs called Ambassadors, we create a growing marketplace for Artisan Businesses here in the United States. Ambassadors partner with Hostesses to sell our exclusive Artisan-made collection at Trunk Shows. Noonday caters to stylish, creative, and globally-engaged women who are curious and aspire to make an impact in the world.
Do you want to help us change the world? We are searching for an Art Director – someone who provides creative vision and executes design for print and digital media to enhance marketing strategy, represent the Noonday brand, and communicate inspirational or style stories. This position works to ensure that each project exemplifies Noonday’s brand and values in a beautiful manner. Passion for the betterment of the world is also essential.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with marketing leadership to develop and maintain a compelling brand identity in line with Noonday’s core values and creative standards
- Create and execute a consistent visual design across digital and printed communications; work collaboratively to set the company’s overall artistic style as well as maintain consistency across all marketing collateral
- Ensure messaging and design concepts work together to tell compelling stories
- Oversee design strategy for seasonal catalogs, including project management, photography, design layout and messaging; manage on-time and on-budget printing
- Manage both internal and external creative photographers, producers, and designers to create on-time, high-quality deliverables
- Present creative concepts and designs, make use of constructive feedback and explain work
- Translate objectives into effective designs for a wide range of materials including semi-annual catalogs, web banners, brochures, postcards, event collateral, etc.
- Demonstrate strong craft through typography, composition and attention to detail
- Research trends and technology to keep Noonday visuals and processes fresh and up to date
- Enforce and monitor brand standards with internal and external partners
- Construct set pieces and fabricate designs for events and photo shoots
- Have creative space to think of new ways to visually tell inspirational stories of vulnerability, opportunity, and empowerment
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS THESE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in visual design
- 2+ years of people management preferred
- Well-rounded portfolio showing proven experience designing within a range of styles and applications
- Print-to-press experience required
- Catalog design and layout experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Experience with web design and basic HTML/CSS knowledge preferred
- Studio art skills and experience such as drawing, painting, and photography preferred
AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong work ethic and accountability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for design, creativity, collaboration, and being a world-changer
- Understanding of print processes and requirements
- Understanding of interactive/web design requirements
- Interest in style and fashion
- Animation skills a plus
- Photography and/or videography experience a plus
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises the Creative team
This position is located in Austin, Texas.
About Noonday Collection
Noonday Collection is a socially responsible fashion business committed to creating meaningful opportunities across the globe. Founded in 2010, Noonday designs and sells an exclusive collection of jewelry and accessories made by artisans around the world.
Noonday Collection’s innovative business model invites women to become Ambassadors who sell Noonday products online and at Trunk Shows across the United States. Together nearly 2,000 Ambassadors are creating a growing marketplace for artisan businesses by enabling hostesses to style their friends and change the world. Noonday develops these artisan businesses through fair trade, empowering them to grow sustainably, create dignified jobs and impact their communities.